In this course, students work with progressed declination and chart graphics; relocation and applying transits, progressions, and directions; interpreting Synodic Cycles of planetary pairs to the natal chart and mundane charts; Solar, Lunar and other Planetary Returns; adding Transits, Progressions and Directions of planets and angles to natal asteroids and Chiron; and use the graphic function of software to track movement of all planetary factors in the commonly used 12th and 8th harmonics.
Instructor: Carol Tebbs
W111 continues the examination of the development of modern Western interpretive movement methods based upon planetary cycles, natural phenomena and symbolic interpretive tools from the 16th to the 21st centuries.
Areas of study for “Moving the Chart in Time, Part 2” include:
- Seeing the life “big picture” with progressed declination and chart graphics
- Moving the natal chart to a relocated position and applying transits, progressions, and directions
- Interpreting Synodic Cycles of planetary pairs to the natal chart and mundane charts
- Interpreting Solar and Lunar Returns as well as other Planetary Returns
- Adding Transits, Progressions, and Directions of planets and angles to natal asteroids and Chiron
- Using the graphic function of the software to track the movement of all planetary factors in the commonly used 12th and 8th harmonics
Required texts can be found under the section for Moving the Chart in Time in https://keplercollege.org/index.php/required-books-for-courses
By the end of the course, students will:
- Know the important areas of practice and controversy in the course movement topics such as Relocation, Progressed Declination, and casting Solar and Lunar Returns as shown in the student’s final interpretation presentation
- Demonstrate correct interpretation of Solar Return, Lunar Return, Progressed Declination and Synodic Cycles as shown in the final interpretation presentation
- Evaluate the importance of activated natal planets, angles and sensitive points combining them into a cohesive interpretation as shown in the final presentation
Prerequisite: A working knowledge of the fundamentals of natal interpretation and synthesis as well as the W110 movement methods.
Carol A. Tebbs, MA.Carol Tebbs attended Whittier College earning both BA and MA degrees in English, and shortly after, an MEd in Education. She was President of Kepler College from 2003-2006. Her 38 years of teaching Advanced Placement English to students receiving university credits is combined with her extensive Leadership Team experience in a large urban school district. As three time Accreditation Team Leader, Technology Grant Author, District Writing Program Coordinator, and District Mentor Teacher charged with training new teachers, Ms. Tebbs' experience and knowledge of the many facets of higher education complement her recent work with the College Board as a "writing assessment reader" and AP teacher trainer.
Recognized as 1999 Wal-Mart "Teacher of the Year", and 2000 District Teacher of the Year, Ms. Tebbs is annually noted in Who's Who in Education and Who's Who in the World. Ms. Tebbs recently published The Complete Book of Chart Rectification. Ms. Tebbs is also well recognized in the astrological community for over 30 years of community service as: 3 terms ISAR President and 22 years on the Board; UAC Co-founder, Board member, Board Chair and UAC '95 Coordinator. Her E-books published in 2003 include: Beyond Basics: Moving the Chart in Time and Beyond Basics: Tools for the Consulting Astrologer.