This course covers major techniques for predicting major life circumstances to show the flowering of the natal chart promise.
Instructors: Carol Tebbs, Gloria Scigliano
In this course, actual and symbolic planetary movement techniques are introduced according to the length of time they activate the natal chart – longest to shortest – from phases, to specific years, half-years, months, weeks and days. The 1-degree orb of applying and separating aspects activate the natal chart to determine how long the natal planet, degree area or sensitive point is in focus. We start off learning to use the earliest interpretive tool, eclipses, then on to outer planet transits, solar arc directions, secondary, tertiary and minor progressions, and inner planet transit stations to interpret activation of the natal chart, past, present or future.
This is not an introductory course. Students are expected to have a working knowledge of the elements of natal chart interpretation and synthesis.
Required texts can be found under the section for Moving the Chart in Time in https://keplercollege.org/index.php/required-books-for-courses
Areas of study include:
- Understanding the Outer Planet Transit cycles in human growth and development, and their timing role in the activation of the natal chart
- Moving the chart with Solar Arc Directions and Secondary Progressions to reveal the natal chart focus for the year – other progressions show months and weeks in focus
- Timing the month with the Progressed Moon, as well as using the 15-year period of focus within which the 3 ½ year Lunar Phases and how these techniques unfold in stages.
- Selecting the Appropriate Timing Method for the Task. Clients come to an astrologer with questions, only some of which involve current timing. How do you choose what interpretive techniques will best serve the client's needs?
By the end of the course, students will:
- Know the important areas of practice and controversy in the movement topics covered in the course
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various timing of all planetary cycles by transit, progression, and direction as shown in the student’s final presentation
- Evaluate the importance of activated natal chart planets, angles, and sensitive points and combine them into a cohesive interpretation as shown through the student’s homework and final presentation
- Apply several movement techniques from the course to accurately interpret the activated natal planets and patterns for a specific year as shown through the student’s final presentation
W110 and W111A are part of the Core Fundamentals courses designed to give you a solid grounding for astrological practice.
Carol A. Tebbs, MA.Carol Tebbs attended Whittier College earning both BA and MA degrees in English, and shortly after, an MEd in Education. She was President of Kepler College from 2003-2006. Her 38 years of teaching Advanced Placement English to students receiving university credits is combined with her extensive Leadership Team experience in a large urban school district. As three time Accreditation Team Leader, Technology Grant Author, District Writing Program Coordinator, and District Mentor Teacher charged with training new teachers, Ms. Tebbs' experience and knowledge of the many facets of higher education complement her recent work with the College Board as a "writing assessment reader" and AP teacher trainer.
Recognized as 1999 Wal-Mart "Teacher of the Year", and 2000 District Teacher of the Year, Ms. Tebbs is annually noted in Who's Who in Education and Who's Who in the World. Ms. Tebbs recently published The Complete Book of Chart Rectification. Ms. Tebbs is also well recognized in the astrological community for over 30 years of community service as: 3 terms ISAR President and 22 years on the Board; UAC Co-founder, Board member, Board Chair and UAC '95 Coordinator. Her E-books published in 2003 include: Beyond Basics: Moving the Chart in Time and Beyond Basics: Tools for the Consulting Astrologer.
Instructor Gloria Scigliano, has a BS Information Systems, San Francisco State University. Gloria's interest in astrology began in the early 1970s, after a difficult time led her to an astrologer for a five-minute-five-dollar reading. During the years of raising her children, Gloria worked in the software development field, eventually traveling all over the US and Canada teaching large corporations how to install and implement the company's financial software. There was little time for astrology, and there were so many laborious steps involved! Untold hours were spent dreaming of better designs for astrology systems. When Solar Fire came along, readings for family, friends, and then clients finally got serious.
After moving to Alaska in 1988, she began writing an astrology column for a local paper in Pacifica, California which, in turn, led to creation of her website at www.stellardays.com. And finally, she found the online Diploma of Professional Astrology program offered by Kepler College, which she completed in 2015. However, for Gloria, astrology seems to be a life-long learning adventure. The search is still on for discovering the Karmic path hidden in the natal charts, developing her Horary skills, and sensing the energies of the planets as they impel and compel us through life.