Without accurate birth time, an astrologer’s forecast for the client could be off by a year, or more, which is not professionally acceptable. This 5-week course focuses on time range searches from a few minutes to six hours and meets the PAA/NCGR rectification requirement for their Level IV professional certification.
Even with a birth certificate, all birth times should be tested because of the wide disparity of recording around the world. Testing ensures that the ANGLES of the chart are confirmed by movement techniques that show the activation of the natal chart at dates of major life events. If they don't, the astrologer and client can determine if rectification of the birth time is needed and what is to be accomplished by the search. To rectify the chart, the client often needs to be asked for additional information about specific life turning points based on his or her memory, records, family, and/or friends.
Common problems with recorded birth time accuracy are:
- Times rounded to the quarter-hour,
- Times recorded in standard time by statute, when daylight time was in effect,
- Clock and watch variances, and
- Birth time is not a priority for the medical staff.
By the end of this course, students will be able to apply various chart movement techniques to align appropriate chart patterns and astrological significators to actual life events, from a few minutes of known birth time to a 6-hour search. They will learn the important areas of practice and controversy in rectification; demonstrate knowledge of timing techniques; evaluate activated natal chart angles at important events, and derive a time that can consistently be repeated and aligned with major events.
Weekly Topics Include:
- Problematic Issues: Assessing the Need for Birth Time Rectification
- How to Assess the Natal Chart Dynamics to Set the Stage for Rectification
- If the Birth Time Doesn’t Match Events, Why Does It Matter? Looking at first-tier techniques.
- Arcing Planets to Angles Can Confirm Birth Time
- Putting Rectification Theory into Practice
This course does require a good knowledge of transits, progressions, directions and other methods of moving the chart in time.
Advanced astrology software that can search various movement methods is highly recommended, such as: Solar Fire 9, Sirius 3.0, Time Passages, and others. Jigsaw (a research program) is not required.
Carol A. Tebbs, MA. Carol Tebbs attended Whittier College earning both BA and MA degrees in English, and shortly after, an MEd in Education. She was President of Kepler College from 2003-2006. Her 38 years of teaching Advanced Placement English to students receiving university credits is combined with her extensive Leadership Team experience in a large urban school district. As three-time Accreditation Team Leader, Technology Grant Author, District Writing Program Coordinator, and District Mentor Teacher charged with training new teachers, Ms. Tebbs' experience and knowledge of the many facets of higher education complement her recent work with the College Board as a "writing assessment reader" and AP teacher trainer.
Recognized as 1999 Wal-Mart "Teacher of the Year", and 2000 District Teacher of the Year, Ms. Tebbs is annually noted in Who's Who in Education and Who's Who in the World. Ms. Tebbs recently published The Complete Book of Chart Rectification. Ms. Tebbs is also well recognized in the astrological community for over 30 years of community service as: 3 terms ISAR President and 22 years on the Board; UAC Co-founder, Board member, Board Chair and UAC '95 Coordinator. Her books include Beyond Basics: Moving the Chart in Time and Beyond Basics: Tools for the Consulting Astrologer.
Carol is an instructor in:
- L201A Astrology in Sacred Literature: Western Traditions
- L201B Astrology in Sacred Literature: Eastern Traditions
- W102 Fundamentals II: Interpretation Tools
- W110 Fundamentals V: Predicting Major Life Circumstances
- W111A Introduction to Advanced Predictive Techniques
- W112A Practicum: Applied Rectification and Unification of Forecasting Techniques
- W112B Practicum: Advanced Rectification (6 to 24-hour search)