Does anything change when you move from one place to another? Yes!
What needs to be considered when you search for the most desirable places to travel or relocate? By the end of this course, students will understand the factors and issues involved in relocation charts, how to identify themes, and how to synthesize this information into an interpretation of an astro*carto*graphy map. This course will prepare you for the Jim Lewis certification test in Astro*Carto*Graphy offered at Continuum. (continuumacg.net)
- historical development of astrological mapping
- basic astronomical principles involved in mapping techniques
- relation of mapping to natal chart construction and meaning
- relation and use of relocation charts in A*C*G
- themes connected with specific planet-angle combinations
- interpretation of parans, crossings, and shadowed planets
- analysis of natal charts for desirable planets to emphasize through relocation
- hands-on practice in applications and techniques
- use of common mapping software
- combining various points and bodies with angle analysis and dial use
Students will have guided hands-on practice in applications and techniques.
This course will prepare you for the Jim Lewis certification test in Astro*Carto*Graphy offered at Continuum. (continuumacg.net)
Madalyn Hillis-Dineen, C.A. NCGR, is a nationally-known astrologer. She began her study of astrology with the Uranian system in 1979 and has taught, lectured, and practiced Uranian (Symmetrical Astrology) techniques for more than 30 years. She is certified as a Consulting Astrologer by the National Council for Geocosmic Research and is a certified astro*carto*graphy interpreter.
Madalyn has written for a variety of publications, StarIQ.com, and is a contributor to the Llewellyn anthology, Astrology for Women: Roles and Relationships. Since August 1994, Madalyn has been the Marketing Director of Astrolabe, Inc., publishers of Solar Fire. She has helped hundreds of people make the most of their Solar Fire program through her best-selling DVD series and thousands more every day at Astrolabe.
Madalyn teaches in the following courses:
Karen McCauley has an M.A. in Educational Psychology from UCLA and spent four years studying clinical psychology at California Graduate Institute. She was the Editor of ASPECTS Magazine, an astrology journal, from 1987-94. A long-time associate and friend of Joan McEvers and Marion March, she taught for Aquarius Workshops from 1976-1999 and has lectured for AW, OAA, NCGR and UAC. She has served on the AW Board, the AFAN Steering Committee and as Oregon Astrological Association Treasurer and President. Karen currently serves as Kepler’s Director of Student Services and the Director of the Certificate Program.
In addition to her expertise in psychological astrology, Karen McCauley has been active in astro*carto*graphy for many years. Since 1993, she has been the administrator for Continuum (dedicated to educating others about astro*carto*graphy and certifying practitioners), where she designs and administers the international Astro*Carto*Graphy certification exam.. She also maintains the certification test.
Karen teaches in the following courses:
- W103 Fundamentals III: Building Delineation Skills
- W104 Fundamentals IV: Natal Practicum
- WL220 The Basics of Astro*Carto*Graphy
- WR201 Counseling Issues in Astrology
- WR203A Relationships 101