Horary astrology enables practitioners to discover detailed answers to meaningful questions.
Instructor: Nina Gryphon
In this course, students will examine the foundations and techniques of horary astrology, including its theory and philosophy, in order to apply this knowledge to their astrological practice. In addition to covering many important astrological principles, students will have hands-on practice with chart delineations.
Typically during each class, we will cover some important horary topics, and delineate a couple of charts illustrating this principle in action. This course is suitable for both modern and traditional astrologers.
Required reading texts can be found at https://keplercollege.org/index.php/required-books-for-courses
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to horary astrology
- Brief history and philosophy underlying the art
- Basic principles of judgment
- Planets reflecting action; houses indicating where the action takes place
- The importance of the Moon in interpretation and timing
- Career charts
- Relationship charts
- Finding items with horary
- Pregnancy and health issues
- Financial matters
- Other considerations: Modern planets, fixed stars, Lots (Arabic parts)
- Providing detailed interpretation to the clients
Nina Gryphon is a practicing astrologer and corporate lawyer living in Los Angeles, California. Her predictions have appeared in USA Today, Associated Press, Reuters, Chicago Tribune, Sina.com, Times of India, and many other major publications, and she has been interviewed on radio and CNN/HLN. She received her JD, and MA/BA (English/Creative Writing) from Stanford University, and completed John Frawley’s Horary Apprenticeship. Since then, she has studied with Deborah Houlding, a leading traditional astrologer.