Do you know some astrology but are having trouble putting it together? This intensive course takes apart the fundamental elements of astrology and shows you how to create your own personalized and insightful interpretation.
DATE: 6-week course begins January 30, 2021
TIME: 12:00 - 2:00 pm PDT / 3:00 - 5:00 PM EDT
Presenter: Enid Newberg
Students who pass the final exam can directly enter the certificate course W102 Additional Tools or Interpretation.
Click here for required books
If you've studied astrology but still can't figure out how to put it together ...
If you find the chart just isn't talking to you and don't know where to start ...
If you know the astrology basics but still find yourself reaching for other people's interpretations of a planet, sign, house, or aspect ...
If you find yourself thinking you need yet another technique to make sense of the chart ...
This workshop will help!
At the end of 6 weeks, you will be able to create your own chart interpretations that are solid and grounded in the symbols of the chart itself.
Everything in astrology flows from the fundamental components of the chart: planets, signs, houses, and aspects. This course gives students a chance to anchor their understanding of these symbols. The focus is on learning to synthesize these core basics into a layered interpretation.
Instructor had a very tasteful and motivating style of teaching the basic foundations - I loved every webinar! The information basicly covered all areas of interest, like astronomy, astrology, psychology, mythology which definitley suited my need for seeing things from multible perspectives. I tried an astrological school in Germany for one year, but after taking the course I had the feeling that I learned more in these 5 weeks than in this one year! I loved the interaction between the people and also the homework and exam. I felt very much at home with all astrology and comos connected people in the course.
In order to ensure your learning, this workshop has weekly readings, discussion forums, quizzes, and chart practice! There is a final exam to test your knowledge that can also be used to move into W102 Fundamentals of Natal Astrology: Additional Tools.
Topics covered include how to:
- Identify planetary functions
- Modify planetary function by polarity, element & mode of action
- Expand interpretation through the underlying temperament of the chart and general chart patterns
- Identify dispositor patterns to better understand what the ruling planet brings to the conversation
- Place where the action occurs within the astrological houses
- Separate the meanings of planets, signs, and houses
- Work with major aspects to tie planets and houses together
- Work with the major dignities and debilities to identify which planet is hogging the conversation
- Layer interpretation to determine planetary challenges and gifts
If desired, students who pass the final exam can directly enter into the Certificate Program with W102 Fundamentals II.
All related documents are assembled under each section (week 1 to 6). Our instructor, Ms. Enid Newberg, highlighted every each important topic that we, the students, have to know. We had a fabulously great instructor.
Enid Newberg, MA Whole Systems Design, discovered astrology in the 1970s when she went with friends to listen to a lecture by Dane Rudhyar. From that point on she was hooked. She particularly enjoys introducing students to the dynamic aliveness of an astrological chart. She is also fascinated by astrology's history and philosophy as well as its intersection with magic, culture, and spirituality.
Enid became involved in the dream of creating an academic college where astrology would be openly taught and joined the board of Kepler College in 1993. She was president when the college first opened in 2000 through 2001. In November 2004, she rejoined the administration and was president again from 2006 until 2019. She is still a member of the Board of Trustees. She loves to teach and work with clients.
Enid is an instructor in:
- The Bridge Course for Astrological Fundamentals
- E520A Psyche and Soul: The Astrology of Identity and Character
- E520B Astrologies of Soul: Calling and Vocation
- E520C The Recurring and Evolving Soul 2nd ed.
- E522A Finding the Whole - Systems Thinking in Astrology
- M100 Chart Construction
- W101 Fundamentals I: Introduction
- W102 Fundamentals II: Interpretation Tools