How to Register:
Exciting news! We have shifted to self-registration, which means you can automatically place yourself in a classroom. To do this, click the blue button and it will lead you to the log-in page for Keplerclasses.org. From here you can log in using an existing account or create a new profile. Once you are in the system you will be prompted to pay for the course. Once payment is complete, you will have access!
Instructors: Carol Tebbs, Enid Newberg
Required texts can be found under the Fundamentals Series section of the materials list.
Students are encouraged to critically consider the various techniques presented by discussing their strengths and weaknesses and considering any controversies surrounding them. Guided practice each week in “Live Chat” refines the process of spotting major life themes in the natal chart.
Weekly topics include:
- Exploring our historical roots and the philosophical purposes for natal chart interpretation
- Comparing house systems to select one for regular use and others that are more situation-specific, such as a client without a birth time, or from an extreme latitude
- Knowing how the lunation phase suggests a psychological base for chart specifics and how the lunar nodes suggest habit patterns and what needs to be developed
- Learning harmonics as the foundation of all aspects, including the minor aspects
- Exploring major life themes through close aspect networks, aspect configurations, and declination
- Personalizing interpretations with sensitive points such as: the nodes, the vertex, part of fortune, part of spirit, solstice points, decans and dwads
- Clarifying chart interpretation with major asteroids and dwarf planets
- With guided practice, learning how to layer this information together to better identify major life themes in the natal chart
By the end of W102, students will know the important areas of practice and controversy in the course topics and will be able to understand the basis of many specialized interpretive techniques. Most lessons are “must-know” supplements to the basics; however, some lessons introduce less used topics as “good to know” to provide a broad range for students to learn independently beyond Kepler at conferences and through major astrological publications.
Students will be able to critically question and/or evaluate the rationale of authors and workshop or conference presenters on their methods for natal chart interpretation.
Early bird discount $555 until September 13
Carol A. Tebbs, MA. Carol Tebbs attended Whittier College earning both BA and MA degrees in English, and shortly after, an MEd in Education. She was President of Kepler College from 2003-2006. Her 38 years of teaching Advanced Placement English to students receiving university credits is combined with her extensive Leadership Team experience in a large urban school district. As three-time Accreditation Team Leader, Technology Grant Author, District Writing Program Coordinator, and District Mentor Teacher charged with training new teachers, Ms. Tebbs' experience and knowledge of the many facets of higher education complement her recent work with the College Board as a "writing assessment reader" and AP teacher trainer.
Recognized as 1999 Wal-Mart "Teacher of the Year", and 2000 District Teacher of the Year, Ms. Tebbs is annually noted in Who's Who in Education and Who's Who in the World. Ms. Tebbs recently published The Complete Book of Chart Rectification. Ms. Tebbs is also well recognized in the astrological community for over 30 years of community service as: 3 terms ISAR President and 22 years on the Board; UAC Co-founder, Board member, Board Chair and UAC '95 Coordinator. Her books include Beyond Basics: Moving the Chart in Time and Beyond Basics: Tools for the Consulting Astrologer.
Carol is an instructor in:
- L201A Astrology in Sacred Literature: Western Traditions
- L201B Astrology in Sacred Literature: Eastern Traditions
- W102 Fundamentals II: Interpretation Tools
- W110 Fundamentals V: Predicting Major Life Circumstances
- W111A Introduction to Advanced Predictive Techniques
- W112A Practicum: Applied Rectification and Unification of Forecasting Techniques
- W112B Practicum: Advanced Rectification (6 to 24-hour search)
Enid Newberg, MA Whole Systems Design. Enid has been a librarian, astrologer, childbirth educator, paralegal, IT and web developer and trainer, entrepreneur, administrator, and teacher.
In 1993, Enid became involved in the dream of creating an academic college where astrology would be openly taught and joined the board of Kepler College. She was president of the College as it opened from 2000-2001 and again from 2007-2019. In 2013, her interest in preserving and expanding an understanding of our astrological heritage led her to help establish the Alexandria iBase Project.
Enid particularly enjoys introducing students to the dynamic aliveness of an astrological chart. She is also fascinated by astrology's history and philosophy as well as its intersection with magic, spirituality, and culture. She loves teach and use astrology to help clients find creative insights.
Enid is an instructor in:
- The Bridge Course for Astrological Fundamentals
- E520A Psyche and Soul: The Astrology of Identity and Character
- E520B Astrologies of Soul: Calling and Vocation
- E520C The Recurring and Evolving Soul 2nd ed.
- M100 Chart Construction
- W101 Fundamentals I: Introduction
- W102 Fundamentals II: Interpretation Tools