DATE: 5-week course begins February 20, 2021
TIME: Saturdays from 12:00-2:00 pm PST / 3:00-5:00 pm EST
Instructor: Kenneth Miller
This course explores the history and development of astrological practice within the nexus of culture and religion. Is astrology a religion as it was developed in Mesopotamia and integrated into ancient Indian faiths? Or is it science as Ptolemy tried to explain in 150 CE?
• Will identify the workings of religious assumptions in their own practice.
• Will understand how culture, religion, and science combine into an astrological system.
• Will understand various techniques that spiritualize the astrological chart
• Will have an understanding of the changing concept of The Meaning of Life over time and culture.
Instructor Kenneth Miller, BA in Anthropology, Psychology, and Religious Studies from University of Colorado: Boulder; MA in Eastern and Western Traditions: The History, Philosophy and Transmission of Astrology from Kepler College; Kenneth D. Miller has an MA in Eastern and Western Traditions: History and Transmission of Astrology from Kepler College. He is currently serving as President of Kepler College and is on the board of ISAR. Awarded Jyotish Medha Shree from ICAS, Jyotish Kovid from CVA, and Levels I & II Certification from ACVA. Based in San Diego, he maintains a practice as a consulting astrologer. He is the author of Mars: Passion or Strife-The Confounding Influence of Culture on Astrology, and the forthcoming new translation/commentary of On the Bright Fixed Stars by Anon of 379 (with Andrea Gehrz).
After years of having his newspaper horoscope read to him by his mom, Kenneth D. Miller made the shocking discovery that all the planets were involved in astrological judgments. At age 13 he taught himself how to cast a chart by hand. This began a lifelong interest in astrology and astrological traditions. He remained an amateur western astrologer studying with various teachers until the mid-1990s, when he was exposed to Indian (Vedic) astrology, and after a few years decided to make a mid-life career switch to become a professional astrologer.
Kenneth teaches in the following courses:
- E310A The interplay of Religion and Astrology
- V100A Indian Astrology Crash Course
- V101A Introduction to Indian Astrology
- V110A Vedic Electional Tricks for Western Astrologers
- W113A Practicum: Applied Forecasting in the Client Session