Before you can understand how two people's charts interact, you should look to see what challenges lie in the natal chart itself.
INSTRUCTOR: Karen McCauley
Click here for required reading
This course will help you better understand how to work with questions about relationships. It will help you improve consulting and communication skills when clients come with questions like: "Are he and I compatible?" "How can I fix my relationship with my sister?" "Why am I having so much trouble with co-workers?"
Students will look at relationships primarily through charts of individuals and couples. We will differentiate needs from wants and abilities. Students will also explore issues that arise between astrologer and client(s).
- By the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Identify the primary categories of human relationships & their locations by house in the natal chart
- Identify and evaluate the individual capacity for Love, Sex, and Life responsibilities,
- Explore the individual's attraction to and from others,
- Understand challenges that may be present in the individual capacity for commitment and the ability to maintain enduring relationships.
- Identify and address the basic needs as dictated by the charts
Karen McCauley has an M.A. in Educational Psychology from UCLA and spent four years studying clinical psychology at California Graduate Institute. She was the Editor of ASPECTS Magazine, an astrology journal, from 1987-94. A long-time associate and friend of Joan McEvers and Marion March, she taught for Aquarius Workshops from 1976-1999 and has lectured for AW, OAA, NCGR and UAC. She has served on the AW Board, the AFAN Steering Committee and as Oregon Astrological Association Treasurer and President. Karen currently serves as Kepler’s Director of Student Services and the Director of the Certificate Program.
In addition to her expertise in psychological astrology, Karen McCauley has been active in astro*carto*graphy for many years. Since 1993, she has been the administrator for Continuum (dedicated to educating others about astro*carto*graphy and certifying practitioners), where she designs and administers the international Astro*Carto*Graphy certification exam.. She also maintains the certification test.
Karen teaches in the following courses:
- W103 Fundamentals III: Building Delineation Skills
- W104 Fundamentals IV: Natal Practicum
- WL220 The Basics of Astro*Carto*Graphy
- WR201 Counseling Issues in Astrology
- WR203A Relationships 101