COMMUNITY WEBINARS & COMPLIMENTARY CLASSES
Community Webinars: Our 1-1/2 hour community webinars are an opportunity for speakers and participants to survey a range of astrological topics. These are our gift to the astrological community. While they are complimentary, donations are appreciated to help us continue these opportunities.
Even if you cannot attend, if you are interested in the topic, we encourage you to sign up. The webinars are recorded and everyone who registers will receive the opportunity to review a copy of the recording about one week after the webinar was held.
Prior free webinars are sometimes offered for a $10 donation. Many of the webinars are available for enrolled students in the Marion D. March online library.
Complimentary Classes: There are free classes available to anyone who enters as a “guest” on the Certificate classroom website. These classes are provided for your own enjoyment and development. They do not have any live interaction or instructor assistance.
Workshops range from 2 to 10 hours in a variety of interesting and entertaining areas. Topics vary from the history of astrology to astrological techniques. They are a good way to explore a topic you are not familiar with or gain a deeper understanding of a particular approach. Kepler regularly offers workshops ranging from a single 2-hour session to 2 hours per week for 4 to 12 weeks.
Students can interact and ask questions during the live meeting, but feedback is minimal. There is no required homework and students are not evaluated.
Most workshops consist of regularly scheduled live online sessions, which are recorded for students and available within a few days after the workshop session.
In both webinars and workshops, the burden of learning is on the participant as there is limited time for questions or practice.
CREDIT COURSES (the Certificate and Diploma Program)
Anyone can take a certificate course, regardless of whether they intend to complete an entire certificate. For credit courses are either 5-6 weeks (1/2 credit) or 10-12 weeks in length (1 credit). We also have a handful of self-paced courses that students can take anytime. These courses provide an intensive, in-depth exploration of the material and regular instructor feedback. Even in the independent study courses, students will have multiple opportunities to apply what they are learning and receive instructor feedback. Students do have homework and should expect to spend between 8-12 hours per week working on course materials.
Students taking credit courses have the chance to develop lasting astrological fellowships as they interact with classmates over several weeks. Students also and receive recognition for their work. The 5 and 10-week credit courses provide an opportunity to delve intensively into a topic area and uses multiple learning opportunities to develop the student’s skill, confidence and professional credibility. In addition to regular interactive online sessions with the instructors, Kepler’s credit courses have an online class site filled with additional resources like articles, audio-video materials and more. Students can test their knowledge through quizzes and graded assignments. In addition, students have the chance to engage with each other throughout each week by participating in online discussion boards.
- Anyone can take a certificate course, regardless of whether they intend to complete an entire certificate.
- For credit courses are either 5-6 weeks (1/2 credit) or 10-12 weeks in length (1 credit). We also have a handful of self-paced courses that students can take anytime.
- These courses provide an intensive exploration of the material and regular instructor feedback. Even in the independent study courses, students will have multiple opportunities to apply what they are learning and receive instructor feedback.
- Students do have homework and should expect to spend between 8-12 hours per week working on course materials
- Each credit course has its own online course site. In addition to an outline of the weekly objectives and lecture notes, students will find additional resources such as presentations, audio-visual resources, discussion forums, supplemental readings, quizzes and more.
- Credit courses have regular live interactive online meetings between 60-120 minutes in length as well as specific assignments working with the techniques. The only exception are the independent study courses where the student will need to schedule an instructor meeting if needed to supplement the instructor’s written feedback.
- In all credit courses, students receive feedback and their work is evaluated. When a student successfully completes the required material (generally a grade of 70% to 75% or above on the assignments and participation in the discussions) and the required courses, he or she will receive a certificate acknowledging their accomplishment. Most certificates require successful completion three courses.
Students generally begin with the four natal studies courses (W101, W102, W103 and W104) in the certificate Astrological Fundamentals: Natal Astrology. This gives them the tools they need to analyze a natal chart and provide a clear interpretation.
Most students continue their natal studies by taking at least the first two (W110 and W111) of three courses in the certificate Astrological Fundamentals: Movement. These two courses allow students to better understand the rhythms of a lifetime through an analysis of transits, progressions, directions and more.
For practical application in moving the chart in time, the students can take either W112 or W113. W112 uses movement techniques to evaluate past events to rectify the birth time and W113 uses movement techniques to forecast a potential future.
With these two Certificates, students have the core essentials of astrological practice. They can synthesize the information in an astrological chart and understand what to look for to answer questions and evaluate timing.
At this point, students usually know where they want to focus their astrological learning, and many go on to complete the courses needed to earn the Professional Diploma in Astrology (KPD).
Enrollment and Costs
PLEASE CLICK HERE for information on enrollment, costs and fees.