In this innovative course, you will learn to do more with less as we focus on the essential features of Indian Astrology that will allow you, the motivated student, to begin reading charts in only 5 weeks.
Instructor: Kenneth Miller
Required materials available on the course site
BEGINS: February 1, 2020
Live Meeting Time: 2:00 - 4:00 PM PST
Imagine if there was a way to access the details of your life-script (your karma). You could gain an understanding of your life purpose, know when to seize the opportunity, and have the foreknowledge to remediate difficult circumstances. This is the power of Jyotish, the traditional astrology of India.
In this class Kenneth D. Miller, MA will lead you to an understanding of the concepts and practice of Indian astrology and how it can play a healing role in our lives.
- Learn the differences between Western and Indian Astrology. They are complementary systems of understanding Life. If you are a Western astrologer, you will learn a method that will allow you to maintain the integrity of each system.
- Learn how the planets are understood as intelligences, and how you can develop relationships with these intelligences to benefit every aspect of your life.
- Learn how the birth chart is a blueprint to the karma you were born with and how to improve your life choices.
- Hear astrological mythology that makes learning the concepts easy.
This was a great class! I am so happy that I took it. The lectures were extremely interesting and informative. The time went by so fast, and I was impressed by the amount of knowledge we were given in such a short time. The forums were really helpful, and the instructor gave great feedba ck with respect to being able to read a chart.
- Spring term 18-19
- Week One: Everything you need to know (Planets, Houses, Signs)
- Week Two: Dignity and Strength
- Week Three: How to Read a Natal Chart
- Week Four: Planetary Combinations (Yogas)
- Week Five: Predicting with Dashas & Transits
Plus Bonus Content!
Instructor: Kenneth Miller
Instructor Kenneth Miller, BA in Anthropology, Psychology, and Religious Studies from University of Colorado: Boulder; MA in Eastern and Western Traditions: The History, Philosophy and Transmission of Astrology from Kepler College; Kenneth D. Miller has an MA in Eastern and Western Traditions: History and Transmission of Astrology from Kepler College. He is currently serving as President of Kepler College and is on the board of ISAR. Awarded Jyotish Medha Shree from ICAS, Jyotish Kovid from CVA, and Levels I & II Certification from ACVA. Based in San Diego, he maintains a practice as a consulting astrologer. He is the author of Mars: Passion or Strife-The Confounding Influence of Culture on Astrology, and the forthcoming new translation/commentary of On the Bright Fixed Stars by Anon of 379 (with Andrea Gehrz).
After years of having his newspaper horoscope read to him by his mom, Kenneth D. Miller made the shocking discovery that all the planets were involved in astrological judgments. At age 13 he taught himself how to cast a chart by hand. This began a lifelong interest in astrology and astrological traditions. He remained an amateur western astrologer studying with various teachers until the mid-1990s, when he was exposed to Indian (Vedic) astrology, and after a few years decided to make a mid-life career switch to become a professional astrologer.
See an interview with Kenneth Miller as he explains the difference between Western and Indian astrology.