Students will be challenged to explore their own personal filters, attitudes and beliefs as they develop their chart interpretation skills. They will actively consider and discuss potential client issues and ethical considerations. In addition, students get guidance in how to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to delineation by examining how multiple astrologers approach chart interpretation.
Students will have the benefit of a two-session exposure to the methodology developed by veteran astrologer, Susie Cox. This is a simplistic but powerful, visual and linguistic approach to chart synthesis.
- Developing critical thinking skills through examining conflicting views and asking questions about varying subjects such as dignities, sect, existence of good or bad planets and house placements
- Characteristics of effective and ineffective astrologers
- Practice with multiple approaches to delineation
- Learning to identify personal filters and those related to the natal chart
- Techniques for blending chart components such as the Sun, Moon and Ascendant
- Identifying and using essential and accidental dignities to differentiate between expressions of planetary essence and strength in the natal chart
- Learning how to differentiate the quality of aspects through consideration of variations in planetary relationships by their nature and placement in the chart
- Learning how dispositors, time lords, planetary speed, and derivative houses can enhance chart interpretation
Introduction to use of profection and transits in chart activation