DATES: 3 Saturdays beginning July 8, 2017
TIME: From 9:00 - 11:00 AM PDT
In this three-week workshop, we’ll follow the Fool on his journey through the Major and Minor Arcana. We’ll reflect on how Tarot images manifest in our daily lives. By the end of the class, you’ll be ready to read the cards yourself and your friends, or supplement your astrology readings with the Tarot.
- To understand rich history and philosophy of tarot imagery
- To interpret basic tarot card spreads for oneself and for others
Week 1, July 8, 9-11 am PDT
- A brief history of the Tarot
- Meanings of the Major Arcana
Week 2, July 15, 9-11 am PDT
- Elements, Numbers, Colors & other symbolic keys
- Meanings of Minor Arcana
Week 3, July 22, 9-11 am PDT
- Basic principles of divination
- Sample spreads
- Practice Interpretations
- Tarot decks have a wide variation. The Rider-Waite-Smith (RWS) Tarot deck will be used in this course - approx. $12 on Amazon.
If you are new to the Tarot, it is HIGHLY recommended that you use this deck for class.
- 30-page supplemental ebook, distributed with the course.
DONNA WOODWELL BIO:
Donna Woodwell, M.A. received two Master’s degrees from the University of Texas at Austin, one in Journalism (Communication) and another in Latin American Studies (Her Bachelor’s from the University of Michigan was in the same.) Though Donna attended grad school to become a foreign correspondent, she had no idea how foreign she would get. An explorer of Western and indigenous philosophical, magical and shamanic practices, she brings ancient wisdom to re-enchant modern life.
Donna is a full-time consultation astrologer. She also teaches at Kepler and has written for major astrology websites including Astrology.com, MySign and Astrology Hub. A former member of the ISAR and NCGR boards, Donna also serves the astrology community by helping astrologer’s learn to better market their businesses in the internet age.
Find out more about Donna at www.donnaphilosophica.com